We believe in the importance of providing a safe environment for our customers, contractors and staff.
Using forklifts, cranes, cutting equipment as well as manually handling steel can be high-risk activities if not managed properly. As such, we aim to reduce the risks associated with these hazards by following strict processes and procedures when manuoervuing products. We pride ourselves on making sure you are safe and your product is received in excellent condition.
GENERAL DELIVERY ADVICE
Midalia Steel drivers aim to deliver product onto the customer's property according to customer specifications. However, if the truck cannot get to a position where product can be safety delivered onto the property, they may unload at an alternative location or between the boundary of the property and the road. Trying to keep the product as close to the property and as far away from the road where it could be damaged by vehicles or stolen. If this is not acceptable to the customer, the product may be returned to the branch and the customer requested to make alternative delivery/pick-up arrangements.
ACCESS, UNLOADING AND EGRESS
- Exclusion zones must be observed during vehicle loading and unloading. For their safety, children and pets should be supervised and kept well clear of truck operations.
- The driver must be able to unload clear of obstructions such as buildings, trees, vehicles and powerline danger zones. A minimum 2m clearance is required on either side of the truck when the hiab is operated. Dependent on voltage, further clearance may be required for powerlines.
- Our trucks and their loads weigh in excess of 10 tonne: they can get bogged in soft ground or damage sealed driveways. Firm and even ground is required for safe outrigger placement.
Please ensure you have read and understood our Customer Pick-Up Guidelines before making your collection.
Customer Pickup Guidelines - Download PDF File
- For your safety and in order to provide you with the best possible service, please report directly to the sales office when you enter the site.
- Direct entry to the warehouse or outside storage facilities is not permited.
- Children and pets must be directly supervised at all times.
- You will be instructed by a staff member to follow our guidelines whilst making your collection.
VEHICLE LOADING AND RESTRAINT
Your vehicle will be loaded by our staff in accordance with Main Roads Policy. Please click on the below link to review our Load Restraint Guidelines.
Vehicle Safety Standards - Download PDF File
Overhang Limits and Load Restraint - Download PDF File
- Please ensure that you have load restraint equipment appropriate for your vehicle and the load.
- Webbing straps are the preferred method of restraint for most small and mixed loads, load restraint equipment such as webbing can also be purchased from our sales office.
- If you are required to enter the warehouse or yard storage facilities, appropriate footwear, preferably enclosed, must be worn. Bare feet are not permitted. You will also be offered a high-visibility vest, hardhat and safety glasses for your protection.
- If you are required to touch/handle steel product, gloves must be worn. We are happy to provide these to you on loan for the duration of your visit.
- We also distribute a range of PPE at our branches.
- Where possible, we will try to conduct Stocktakes on a Friday in order in minimise delays during the working week.
- We will endeavour to plan Stocktakes at only one branch (in each of our Metro, Mid and Outer regions) on the same day.
- The branch will be closed for business on the day of Stocktake
- Deliveries for 'stock' orders that are taken the day before Stocktake will be delivered as per usual. This does may not include 'buy-in' items where lead times appply
- No orders will be taken on the day of Stocktake
- No Pick-ups can be made on the day of Stocktake
- The branch will contact the customer on the day before Stocktake regardng deliveries or pick-up's that may need to be resheduled.
- Stocktake dates for branches will be updated on our website in our Events Calendar.